The best travel options are walking and cycling, rather than sitting in an enclosed space with other people, but if you do need to drive or share a lift with people from other households, please take some sensible precautions:
- share the transport with the same people each time
- keep to small groups of people at any one time
- everyone in the car should wear face coverings
- try to keep as much distance as possible between each other
- travel side by side or behind other people where possible, and try not to face them
- open windows to allow air to circulate
- everyone should remember to wash their hands properly before and after their journey.