Aims and Objectives
- To provide effective, efficient and accountable local government for the parish, enabling residents to be involved in the life of the community and its future development.
- To be a strong voice for residents and local businesses, working to improve the overall parish area both built and natural, while preserving the heritage areas.
- Understand and communicate the views, needs and aspirations of our residents and businesses.
- Increase public involvement in the community through ensuring the parish council and its activities are open, transparent and accountable.
- Support local business and economic activity in the area.
- Work with the District Council to provide safe, healthy and timely opportunities for recreation, leisure and education, and to provide, improve and maintain play equipment, allotments and public recreation spaces.
- To support the work of local voluntary organisations.
- Respond to planning applications and other statutory consultations on time, ensuring that recommendations made to the District Council reflect the interests of the community.
- Promote, within our community, activities which support the principles of environmental sustainability and an ethical society.
- Ensure that councillors and staff have access to high quality training and development opportunities and that they meet all required standards.
- While endeavouring to deliver these aims and objectives we will be financially accountable, and will always aim to work responsibly and within the confines of our annual budget.