Information surrounding Coronavirus is constantly changing. Stogursey Parish Council recommend that everyone follow:
Other useful Information:
- SPC Covid-19 Notices
- Somerset County Council Covid-19 latest
- Somerset County Council Covid Catch Up videos
- Spark Somerset – Covid-19
- Somerset West & Taunton – Information and Advice
- SWT Community Support pack
- Somerset Waste Partnership waste collections
- Stogursey Community Network
- HPC Coronavirus Information
How to stop infection spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Looking after your health and wellbeing
To help yourself stay well while you’re at home:
- stay in touch with family and friends over the phone or on social media
- try to keep yourself busy – you could try activities like cooking, reading, online learning and watching films
- do light exercise at home, or outside once a day
- Fraudsters are trying their luck! If you receive a phone call asking for your bank details so that the caller can pay money into your account to help you through the current crisis – PUT THE PHONE DOWN.
- Similarly, if you get an email asking for your bank details so that the writer can pay money into your account to help you through the current crisis – DELETE THE EMAIL
- Due to the Coronavirus, meetings of the Parish Council are being held online until such time as the Government determines that it is safe to resume face to face meetings.
- The play equipment in the Burgage Road Play Area can only be used if you follow the safety advice.
- Please stay away from the Medical Centres if you have a new cough or temperature to protect other patients and staff.
- What we can all do:
The single most important thing we can all do in order to slow down transmission of the virus is to promote good infection control. These are simple things we can all do to reduce the risk of respiratory and other infections such as seasonal colds and flu:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
IF YOU NEED NON MEDICAL HELP
- We will try to refer you to those providing practical help where we can, such as collecting prescriptions from the Medical Centre or groceries from the local shop, or to shops or organisations that will provide home deliveries etc.
- You may get offers of help from neighbours who you don’t know. Mostly they will be genuine offers from concerned people in the community, but please be aware that there are already criminals taking advantage of the situation. Be very careful of giving your bank card or bank details to people you do not know and trust, don’t advertise openly stating you are vulnerable, don’t share more personal information than absolutely necessary. HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Please remember your neighbours, especially those who are elderly or vulnerable. Please check they are OK. Can you help them with shopping, collecting prescriptions etc? If you don’t know how to approach this, maybe put a note through the door with your details.
- Can you help in the community – if you can spare some time, please let the Stogursey Community Network know.
For more information go to: gov.uk/coronavirus