|The long Easter weekend is fast approaching and this will bring a change to waste collections.
Collections will now be:
· Good Friday 7 April: Friday collections take place on Saturday 8 April.
· No collections on Easter Monday 10 April.
· Easter week collections are one day later, including Friday collections on Saturday 15 April.
Along with changes to collections, Somerset Council are asking residents to be “good eggs” this Easter and recycling as much as possible.
Almost all Easter egg packaging can be recycled in weekly kerbside collections.
· Cardboard box – flattened and into your black recycling box.
· Aluminium foil – scrunched and into your Bright Blue bag.
· Plastic mould – into your Bright Blue Bag.
Not yet recyclable at the kerbside or our recycling sites are chocolate bar and sweet wrappers, plastic bags and plastic-foil pouches, plastic ‘windows’ in boxes, and similar thin-soft plastic film.
Many of these plastics can be dropped off at supermarkets and some are taken in TerraCycle recycling schemes. Please check where you shop or have a look at the Council’s guide to supermarket and TerraCycle: www.somerset.gov.uk/plastics-what-can-you-recycle-where
You can use the My Collection Day feature at www.somerset.gov.uk/waste to check your collection days online, download a printable calendar or, better still, add your dates to the calendar on your smart device or laptop.
For the latest news, information about services and ways to reduce waste, follow @somersetwaste on Facebook and Twitter