STOGURSEY PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 13th JUNE 2023.
Held at in the Lord St Audries Room, Victory Hall, Stogursey.
Cllr Chris Morgan (Chair), Cllr Susan Jones, Cllr Helga Staddon, Cllr Jenny Ody and Cllr Allan Searle B.E.M.
In attendance: R Wand (Clerk), Cllr H Davies and 3 members of the public.
Paddons Farm Play Area – Two residents raised concerns over anti social behaviour in the Paddons Farm Play Area and asked the Parish Council for their assistance in resolving the issues of litter, noise and the unsuitable location for the play area.
23/17 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:
Cllr Sue Goss (Vice-Chairman), Cllr Gregor Millar Cllr Scott Nurton, Cllr Chris Ford.
23/18 MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS held on 9th May 2023:
The draft minutes of the last parish council meeting and annual meetings had been circulated. Cllr Ody asked that the annual meeting minutes be amended to show her as the Flood Group representative. They were proposed as amended by Cllr Searle seconded by Cllr Jones and were unanimously AGREED for signature by the Chairman as a true and accurate record of the meetings.
23/19 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND DISPENSATIONS:
No declarations of Interest and / or dispensations in addition to those already declared and available for public inspection, were made.
23/20 CO-OPTION OF PARISH COUNCILLOR
The Chairman proposed that Julie Jones was co-opted onto the Parish Council to fill the vacancy. His proposal was seconded by Cllr Ody and unanimously carried. Cllr Julie Jones signed the declaration of acceptance of office which was formally witnessed by the Clerk. Cllr J Jones joined the meeting
UPDATE FROM SOMERSET COUNCILLORS
Cllr Woods and Cllr Davies had submitted written updates which had been previously circulated to the members were noted. Cllr Davies gave a verbal update highlighting several of the matters in his written report.
REVIEW OF LONG-TERM ACTION LIST
An update regarding the grant application was still awaited from the Road Safety Fund.
HINKLEY POINT POWER STATION
The Chairman had no updates.
- The list of invoices for payment and monies received, (Appendix 1) and the Financial Statement (Appendix 2) had been forwarded to members before the meeting and are attached to these minutes. The Financial Statement was noted. It was resolved unanimously that the Invoices for payment were to be settled. All payments will all be made online, by cheque, direct debit or by debit card. ACTION: Clerk
- The meeting reviewed draft investment policy and reserves policy documents, which they asked were held over until the next meeting for further advice to be sought. ACTION: Clerk to contact Somerset Council for assistance.
- The meeting reviewed an agenda paper from the Clerk to consider and resolve the opening of an additional investment account, which they asked was held over until the next meeting.
- An application for a grant of £500 by the Friends of Stogursey School was considered in respect of the FOSS Fest event and it was resolved unanimously to support the grant. ACTION – Clerk
a) Unitary Council for Somerset Update: had been circulated the Chairman was attending the Dowsbourgh LCN meeting the next evening at the Victory Hall
b) Site Meeting – Paddons Farm, had been undertaken with members of the Somerset Council Planning Department and a director from Strongvox. The Chairman asked that members undertake a further site visit ahead of making any decision on the land transfer. Ideas for use of the north parcel if it is to be accepted need to be discussed, the management committee’s role in maintaining the surrounding open areas needs clarifying, the security of the parking area with boulders and height bar also needs to be explored as well as when the handover may take place.
c) Site meeting – Allotments, had been undertaken, three plots have been strimmed due to overgrowth and members asked that the rules governing the renting of a plot are reviewed with the date that plots have to be in cultivation moved from the end of May to the beginning of the year. Action: Clerk to re-draft the 2024 agreement document for discussion at future meeting.
NOTIFICATION OF FORTHCOMING MEETINGS
Main Site Forum 22.06.23
Site Stakeholders Group 30.06.23
Transport Forum 13.07.23
Steart Forum xx.xx.xx
LCN meeting 18.06.23
Community Forum 21.09.23
CORRESPONDENCE The meeting reviewed and adopted the following Policies:
- Complaints Procedure
- Social Media Policy
- Freedom of Information Policy
- Audio-Visual Recording Policy
- Growing for Health and Well Being Project update – Cllr Staddon reported that the planters at Stolford by the bench had been replaced, others would be replaced in the Autumn.
- Old Pound, the meeting considered access arrangements and felt that three further keys should be obtained for distribution to the Chairman and Cllr Staddon initially. Cllr Searle asked that the flag poles stored there are refurbished which was unanimously agreed. The gate to the Old Pound has been ground back so as to allow easier opening. Action: Clerk to obtain further keys.
There were no issues to raise of a general nature.
In relation to preventing damage to the planters on The Gravel it was suggested that a letter be prepared by the Clerk for the Chairman, which would be handed to the driver of a vehicle which parks on the edge of the Gravel contrary to the yellow box restriction. Further action would be considered if the Lime street development saw large vehicles negotiate the junction with the High Street by encroaching on The Gravel.. ACTION: Clerk
PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY
Cllr Jones reported no issues of concern had been raised.
PLANNING APPLICATIONS AND DECISIONS:
Cllr Ody reported on current matters:
- Ongoing matters
Appendix B to the agenda was noted
- b) New Applications;
- i) 3/32/23/008 on Peadon Farm, Peadon Lane, Stogursey, TA51JH erection of extension to cubicle building and straw storage building. It was resolved that no objections were to be raised.
- ii) 3/32/23/002 on Treetops, 14 St Andrews Road, Stogursey, Bridgwater, TA5 1TE Erection of first floor extension and single storey extension to the existing rear elevation plus external alterations. It was resolved that the amended application had addressed previous issues raised and that no further objections were to be raised.
DATE AND TIME OF THE NEXT MEETING:
Tuesday 11th July 2023 at 7.00pm meeting at the Victory Hall, Stogursey.
The meeting closed at 21:21
Signed: …..………………………………………….….. (Chairman) Date: ……………………………………
APPENDIX 1 SPC Minutes 13th June 2023
Schedule of Receipts and Invoices for Payment 13th June 2023
Payments made since the last meeting on 9.5.23
|R Wand||655.51||BP||Clerk Salary Apr23 (includes allowances, less PAYE & Pension contributions)|
|HMRC||181.40||BP||Employee tax & NIC (PAYE) & Employers NIC Apr 23|
|NEST||110.03||DD||Employee & Employer Pension Contribution Apr 23|
|GWB Services||85.20||BP||BRPA mow n Strim 16.3.23|
|R Young||50.00||BP||Internal Audit 2022-2023|
|M Wheeler||248.90||BP||Repairs to allotment water system|
|Stogursey Victory Hall||250.00||BP||Grant for H.M. The King’s Coronation Party|
|Microsoft||11.28||DC||Business 365 monthly fee|
|K Gray||50.00||BP||Allotment refund|
|IONOS||5.99||DC||Website hosting May 2023 (due 28.5.23)|
Payments due 13.6.2023
|R Wand||678.01||BP||Clerk Salary May23 (includes allowances, mileage, less PAYE & Pension contributions)|
|HMRC||181.40||BP||Employee tax & NIC (PAYE) & Employers NIC May 23|
|NEST||110.03||DD||Employee & Employer Pension Contribution May 23|
|GWB Services||187.20||BP||BRPA mow n Strim 27.4.23 & 17.5.23|
|S Foster||1000.00||BP||Closed Churchyard Mow n Strim
4.4, 19.4, 3.5, 17.5 & 31.5.23
|Stogursey & District Victory Hall Committee||1820.00||BP||Rural Parking Fund – initial support payment 1.6.23 to 30.11.23|
|Greenslades||1999.58||BP||Lengthsman Service April 2023|
|Idverde||599.04||BP||Parish Dog Bins – SLA renewal|
|Microsoft||11.28||DC||Business 365 monthly fee|
|IONOS||5.99||DC||Website hosting May 2023 (due 28.6.23)|
Receipts since last meeting
Bank Interest – May 2023 £ 72.99p
Allotment rents – 2023/2024 £ 300.00p
Rural Parking Fund – Initial grant £1,820.00p
APPENDIX 2 SPC Minutes 13th June 2023
|STOGURSEY PARISH COUNCIL|
|FINANCIAL STATEMENT – AS AT 31st May 2023|
|Balances as per bank accounts 30.4.23|
|Reserves & Grants Account||£111,771.53||£149,961.93|
|Plus Receipts – May 2023|
|Reserves & Grants Account||£62.56||£2,192.99|
|Less Payments – May 2023|
|Reserves & Grants Account||£0.00||-£240.91|
|Balances as per bank accounts 31.5.23|
|Reserves & Grants Account||£111,834.09|
|Less unpresented cheques||£0.00|
|Plus uncleared credits||£0.00|
|Available Funds at 31.5.2023||£149,721.02|
|Balance as per cash book|
|Reserves & Grants Account||£111,834.09|
|Summary of Reserve Bank Account @ 31.5.2023|
|1621.89||Ext Grant – Stogursey Oral History Project||]|
|3859.27||Ext Grant – Castle St Flood Scheme||]|
|226.84||Ext Grant – Castle St Flood Scheme Contingency||]|
|52417.00||Ext Grant – (from HPC) – Lenghtsman Scheme||] Not PC Funds|
|1305.37||Fingerposts project grants||]|
|1449.94||Ext Grant – Growing for Health and Wellbeing||]|
|90.00||Allotment Refundable Deposits||]|
|60970.31||Total External Grants||]|
|458.77||Interest to 31.5.23||Reserves a/c only|
|5000.00||Multi Sports Area|
|2250.00||SWTC Election Costs 2022/2027|
|4500.00||BRPA essential maintenance|
|2000.00||Refurbish the Pound|
|5000.00||Grounds and maintenance|
|4500.00||Defibrillator (annual build-up of funds)|
|1175.00||Reopening Grant – Bench on The Gravel|
|50801.22||Total PC funds|
|111834.09||TOTAL IN RESERVES’ ACCOUNT|