Somerset West and Taunton Strategy Team are currently working on the Issues and Options document for the newly formed Somerset West and Taunton Council (excluding the Exmoor National Park area). The consultation will take place from
Monday 13th January to Monday 16th March 2020.
We are also inviting comments on two documents which are needed to support and evidence the Local Plan: the Sustainability Appraisal; and the Habitats Regulations Assessment.
This is the first consultation stage in the Local Plan process. The document looks at the key issues and draft objectives for the Local Plan, particularly around climate change and development needs over the next 20 years. Views from local communities and businesses are important in helping to shape Somerset West and Taunton and we would really appreciate your help in engaging with your areas.
Consultation information is available on the SWT website and available to view at the following inspection points:
Deane House; West Somerset House; Bishops Lydeard Community Library; Dulverton Library; Minehead Library; Nether Stowey Community Library; North Petherton Community Library; Porlock Community Library; Priorswood Community Library; Taunton Library; Watchet Community Library; Wellington Library; Williton Library; Wiveliscombe Community Library
We will also be visiting these venues, where you can find out more and ask questions:
- Wellington, Quaker Meeting House – 21 January, 10am to 3pm
- Williton, West Somerset House – 30 January, 2pm to 7pm
- Taunton, the Orchard Shopping Centre – 6 February, 10am to 3pm
- Minehead, Methodist Church – 10 February, 2pm to 7pm
- Watchet, The Sanctuary – 11 February, 10am to 3pm
- Wiveliscombe, Community Centre – 20 February, 10am to 3pm
- Taunton, Deane House – 27 February, 2pm to 7pm